21 Weird Laws Regarding Booze…
Here it is, 21 of the craziest alcohol related laws in the nation. The only question to ask is “How drunk were the guys that wrote these laws and actually voted them into existence?”
Here they are:
21. In Colorado, it’s illegal to ride a horse while drunk.
20. Happy Hour is illegal in Massachusetts.
19. In Michigan, it is illegal to serve alcohol on Christmas Day.
18. In Alabama, it’s illegal to buy any alcoholic beverages by telephone, fax or e-mail.
17. The Encyclopedia Britannica is illegal in Texas because it contains home-brew recipes.
16. In Nyala, Nevada, you can’t drinks for more than three people other than yourself at any one period of the day.
15. In Wyoming, it’s illegal for women to stand any closer to the bar than five feet while drinking.
14. Anyone under the age of 21 who takes out household trash containing even a single empty alcohol beverage container can be charged with illegal possession of alcohol in Missouri.
13. In LeFors, Texas, it is illegal to take more than three swallows of beer while standing.
12. In the time of the ancient Babylonian king Hammurabi, tavern keepers convicted of selling watered-down beer were sentenced to drowning in a barrel of their own product.
11. A second DUI conviction in Bulgaria results in execution.
10. Drunk drivers in El Salvador can be punished by death before a firing squad.
9. Men are forbidden to drink while in bed with their wives in Iowa.
8. In Malaysia, if a driver is caught driving under the influence, the driver is jailed and if married, his wife is jailed too.
7. In Scotland, it is illegal to be drunk and in possession of a cow.
6. In Fairbanks, Alaska, it’s illegal to give whiskey to a moose.
5. In Pennsylvania, men can’t purchase alcohol without written consent of their wives.
4. It’s illegal to sit on any street curb in St. Louis, Missouri, and drink beer from a bucket.
3. In Ohio it’s illegal to get a fish drunk.
2. State law prohibits bars from selling beer unless they are simultaneously brewing a kettle of soup.
1. And…it’s illegal to sell alcohol to someone driving a motor vehicle…unless he is disabled.